Sunday, March 14, 2010

Called to Serve

So I have some bad news and some good news. Bad news is that despite what I thought about my call, it was delayed. Good news is that that’s over now! I’ve been cleared to serve a mission! Not only that, but today Bishop Andrus (my bishop, here at BYU) checked and found out that my call was issued last Friday! That means that it’s coming here on Thursday!
I’m really excited now, but what makes me more excited is that I’m definitely serving a mission! Even before I knew that my call had been issued, I knew (from my bishop) that I was cleared to serve a mission (he sent me an email on Tuesday night). As I think I noted before in an earlier post, a huge thing that had been bothering me about the delays was that I didn’t know if I’d even be serving a mission and that drove me crazy. However, now I know that I’m going to serve and I’m feeling a bigger push now to prepare to serve because I know that I AM going to serve.
The title of this post, “Called to Serve”, is appropriate because, while I don’t know where or when I’m going to serve, I know that I’m going to serve and I’m going to do everything I can to prepare to be the best missionary I can be.
I know this church is true and I know that the call I’ve been issued (wherever and whenever it is) is from God and while I am not perfect, He is perfect and He will help me along the way as long as I stay faithful and humble. I can’t wait until I can serve in the mission field and I can’t wait to tell people about the gospel. It brings so much happiness and peace in my life and I know it can do the same thing for them, whoever and wherever they are.
Until next time (when I’ll have my call and you’ll hear about it), don’t forget to smile!
--Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have one rule: Be nice! That's all :)