Sunday, May 17, 2015

Letters from Spain (1)

We've been in Spain for a few weeks. Another month and I'll be back in Utah. Crazy! We've gone to several places. Segovia, Zaragoza, Barcelona, Ávila, Salamanca, León, and a few other towns along the way.

I enjoy going to the cathedrals. Each time I go to a cathedral I'm impressed by the faith that the disciples of Christ have in other churches. We went to the Sagrada Familia and WOW! I loved the symbolism there. Our guide explained a lot of it.  For example, each tower represents a different person (the apostles, Mary the mother of Jesus, and more).

I also like going to the castles.  I feel like a prince there. Yesterday en the Castle of Coca, I was thinking about how God is the King of the Earth. And because He is my Father, I am a prince. I'm not just a man or an animal. I'm a divine person with eternal potential.

Walking through the churches, I feel a lot of respect for those of other religions. I've listened to Christian music for years and I like it a lot. It makes me think of what President Hinckley said. More or less he said that all people have the light of Christ. They all have at least some truth. I feel the Spirit strongly as I listen to Christian music and while I walk through those churches I learn a little bit at a time what God wants to tell me.


Until next time. 

By the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have one rule: Be nice! That's all :)